PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-24, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

Originally Posted by Carbon Copied View Post
The only thing the ANT and silo mechanic brings up for me (assuming they go with that route) is how the compounds are going to be adjusted and mixed up for courtyards and defense of the silo; kind of full circle back to leaky compound/base/wall design etc. (and the Amp stations aren't as affected in it's layout) but hopefully there would be that addressed and not some lame "oh just stick a tower there and that'll do" solution.
I question this as well. They'll need access into the bases. And most likely, bigger bases will require more than one silo, probably powering the generators and SCU's. So instead of hacking the gen, you can also deplete the silo to the same effect. Access to the silo will be key in base defense to maintain individual resource gain.

I mean next will be having bonuses for each base covered and if you lose power to a base, your empire doesn't get the bonus. Wait, is that again a PS1 system?

Oh, almost forgot, the ANT can't be fast as it's a tanker - it's hauling a ton of resources, or maybe it can be fast, but the resources inside it are depleted when you hit the "turbo" so there is a cost (i.e. not as many resources at end of run) to the speed benefit.

Last edited by kubacheski; 2013-07-24 at 03:05 PM.