PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-09, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Volw
First Sergeant

Re: Matt higby doing a q&a at redit!

Originally Posted by PsychoXR-20 View Post
He didn't actually say you couldn't loot weapons, just that it's a balance issue. I cant think of a single FPS, (SP or MP) that doesn't allow you to pick up your enemies weapons and use them. Unlike vehicles, weapons don't need empire specific skins (I suppose technically vehicles don't either, and it could actually be used to your advantage if they ddn't magically change colors). Enemy weapons are usually some of the most effective weapons since they are the weapons your enemy will have the least amount of experience fighting against.
Actually, in this case it might be different.

Seems like PS2 'unlocks' will focus mostly on mods and upgrades, they probably don't want people without specific unlocks to operate 'better' weapons.

I'm not a big fan of it but it does make some sense. I remember having some VS 'friends' drop a stockpile of Lashers (oh the Lasher 2.0 days)
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org