PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-15, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?

1). Tumas Tech-Plant
I love the open field in the south, the mountains to the west and the thick patch of trees to the east... and the paths with the cement tunnels give great flanking options between the three satellites that usually provide unique firefights.

2). Chimney Rock Depot
I love that the A point is just surrounded by these thick trees offering tons of natural cover that make it slightly difficult for tanks/aircraft to strafe infantry.

3). Genudine Physics Lab
I love that this facility is smack dab in the center of a thick tree grove, south of the facility across a field there's a small natural trench with vines growing off the rocks that make for a unique approach when attacking the small outpost, I love this facility so much!

After seeing Esamire and these giant black walls, I want to see what the devs can do with barriers against tanks or aircraft that look... natural and not forced like Esamire came across. Making the environment look practical or natural just adds to the immersion of the universe your fighting in. As much as I love the new designs to bases on Esamire, a lot of the environments looked forced to cater to MLG players and not naturally formed, environments didn't look battle ready/Militarily practical to me.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-01-15 at 07:48 AM.