PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Fan-Made NC Advert
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Re: Planetside 2 Fan-Made NC Advert

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Great post, music and Tv ads is really hard to get right, the best adverts are the ones everyone remembers. ill give adobe a try, been trying alot of there programs out, Dreamweaver and photoshop.

I find alot of adverts nowadays are Simple and Plain, Fast pace and wild or just the dam right random

I got my inspiration from the TV AD:

A more beautiful web is Internet Explorer TV
A more beautiful web is Internet Explorer TV commercial HD - YouTube

Studying Business and marketing at Uni.
Another trait that is all the rage, that people herald as game changing when its really not. Is juxtaposing images with the audio. What i mean is, if you have high action, you put something slow, melodramatic or sad behind it. Or vice versa.

Most famous of which was the splash Gears of War made with its Mad World trailer. And Dead Islands (Brilliant i dont care what anyone says) teaser trailer.

Ide say with the way media is going, audio is as important as visuals, if not more so for what you want to do. You can have 100 hours of game footage, but having a song behind it will actually help you edit, because you will be picking and choosing moments to coincide to its tone.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.