PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Fan-Made NC Advert
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Fan-Made NC Advert

Nice one mate, making videos is pretty fun, hope you get a chance to do some more!

I did a long, pretentious and obtuse one for PS1. Captured it use a digital vid camera to keep the fps up - got some positive reviews for some of the sequences captured in it but it really failed on tying together to a plot/theme

In PS1 though was the perspective bug you could abuse to get interesting 3rd person angles which really helped the variety of footage. If you went into a vehicle, rotated the view and then exited you could stick the 3rd person camera at a different spot.

Anyway, I actually thought your music choice wasn't bad. These videos should be about your expression too - it's easy for us as forum commentators to use the opportunity to critique someone elses video as a soapbox to grandstand our own music tastes. The safe way to true mass appeal can involve skipping your favourite genre's, but that's no fun

For example that internet explorer add looks beyond slick. The use of effects, timing and the quality of the footage combined to blend with the song is the important part here in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing some more