PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why I quit PS1
Thread: Why I quit PS1
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by igster View Post
This thread deserves to be closed. Just look how long it has been bubbling along for 'why i quit ps1'

Endless QQ diatribe by a player who literally has hardly played the game (from my estimation probably not more than br14 and nowhere near cr5) about why the game he has no idea how to play sucks.

I don't discount less experienced players opinions generally, however, when someone tries to imply that he has an authoritative opinion on something - then you better have sufficient experience to back up that authoritative opinion.

Here is a quote from the OP from a darkfall forum which exhibits the sum of his knowledge about PS1 and is the reason why, imho, he really isn't sufficiently experienced and qualified to judge the CE/OS/EMP gameplay mechanics.

4 months in a game compared to more experienced players like effective (9 years i suspect) gives you some idea of the relative weight I give to the opinions expressed

No actually people who have stuck around for 9 years have no idea what is fun. They're the types that grind CR for their I-win buttons and drive the other 90% customers away.

If SONY wants to pander to the 10%, while driving away the other 90%, then by all means enjoy your ghost town of a MMOFPS just like in PS1.

And I think I played for like 6 months, not 4 months.

Darkfall = failboat MMORPG, a greifer's paradise. I told you so, I told you so, ah ah I told you so.

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Also nerf CE and let EMP's be used in the caves from cud's.
Buff CE, remove CUD abilities completely.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-28 at 10:15 PM.