PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - replay, team work, and reputation
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-22, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
scape211
Private

Re: replay, team work, and reputation

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
If you check out my Command Overhaul thread I detail how I envisage the system working, with commanders focusing the zerg by selecting planets and bases to be the focus of the army. Then platoon leaders select their target (say a specific base) and they ask their squad leaders to strike specific targets, say orange squad hitting the spawn tubes, yellow striking the CC and purple the base tower.

The squads would then get xp for completing them and once the mission was done the platoon leader would be notified and could pick them a new mission.

Actually picking the missions could be done through the existing map, the commander clicking on the base and selecting from drop down menus the target and the squad to complete it. The squad would then get a notification of the mission (and have it displayed on their HUD until complete or it expires) and a waypoint for the target.
i did take a quick look at the thread and skimmed over a lot of it (havent had time to read everything yet). I like the stronger and longer chain of command that it has to continue in a more realistic fashion as well as giving commanders something to shoot for as well instead of just being a CR5. I also dig the scout commander who can see what all scout vehicles and base turrets are doing.

I think i like the RTS elements the most though. Makes me think of Battlezone 1 & 2. That game had a great mix of RTS and FPS. However, i wonder how well PS would handle it. If they could mix it together well, it would be a really amazing thing and again put it above any other game ive seen.