PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WHO?
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-06, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WH

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
Driving an ANT in the old days was dangerous and boring -- for the driver. Yet it added tremendously to the gameplay for everybody else, and incentivized teamplay amongst both defenders and attackers to make sure it arrived -- or didn't.

I frankly cannot imagine driving a slow, fat, slippery-footed Sunderer over the channelized terrain we have. The runs will take five-ten minutes, with even odds of driving off the road into a canyon to avoid enemy fire or getting blown up. It would make old ANT runs look like a dream. The new ANT is going to have to be faster and surer-footed, and it ought to fit into the back of a correctly-certed Galaxy.

I vote for the Harasser. And I vote for the Gal to be able to carry light vehicles again. Anything else will be a monstrous blunder.

NOTHING was worse than being forced to drive an ANT for the good of your side even though you hated doing it.
It just made you want to log off and play a different game(usually DAoC back then) .