PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture
View Single Post
Old 2015-10-09, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Chord
Private

Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture

Originally Posted by Ryathorz View Post
I can provide you with the base damage values for most weapons in the game - I have a backup of the stats pages made back in the day by Tippis, DDS250 (a quite extensive Japanese site), and some of the damage degradation charts made by Quovatis.
Originally Posted by hofd View Post
that's really cool, I will help and save a lot of packets as TR see you in game
Sounds good. We'll try for this Sunday.

Originally Posted by Ryathorz View Post
The Japanese site is actually still online -
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~dds250/p...r.html#SOLDIER

Note that while the lasher is listed as 29 damage per shot it is actually 30, with severe range degradation.
Weapon range of the projectiles (tank shells, aurora, etc) were limited in part by projectile life - around 4 seconds I think.

The tippis files are no longer available online to my knowledge so i'd have to zip them up and email them on.

Some of the weapons have slightly unusual behaviour. The comet used to inflict different amounts of damage if you landed multiple hits in a short time span (probably some kind of bug in the burn code). It doesn't appear to do that on the daybreak server, though i'm unsure if that has resulted in the current comet being equal to the best of the old versions output, or the worst.

The vanu plasma mortar is also bugged in a somewhat unusual way - the hitcheck and damage source are offset from one another so when the bolt sticks in the ground the radiation origin is some distance below the surface (and below the visual effect), which is why you can often run across the area completely unharmed.
Glad to know someone has done a lot of the work already! If you can, please send those files to chord (at) tuta.io

Originally Posted by hofd View Post
So it works well ! I am trying to isolate some stuffs into packets but a massive fight will be more interesting

>Chord

For PSCap :
Can we have shorcuts for Capture and Saving?
Can you add a save mode after the metadata mode? I always forget to edit or save.

Are you interested to have some packets right now?
And what is the biggest size for a packet? no limit?

I think we need some schedule for testing regulary, like each sunday if people can. Toughts?
Sure I'll make a shortcut for Capturing. Saving will be the standard Ctrl+S.
What do you mean you forget to edit and save? Doesn't the tool prompt you when you are about to exit or start a new capture that you haven't saved?

If you mean specific packets, not particularly. A lot of coding needs to be done before I can say which ones we really need. If you mean capture files, hold on to them until I make an online submission.

There is no capture size limit! Capture away.

A regular schedule would be good. Sundays might be the prime time for us.