PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The New World
Thread: The New World
View Single Post
Old 2004-09-24, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Sorry long wait, my life called, i had to answer, we've been on for a couple of days/weeks, i just got off, i got to call back in a few minutes.

Anyways, as we all know, planetside has change dramaticly since my last time i put on a chapter, luckly i gave this story the name, so i can actually blend in with what is up to date in game. Follow me? If not, you'll get the point a few chapters later on.

7. Unexpected Hit

BOOM. A flash of light filled the spot and our Marauder hit the ground and swerved into a bush. I turned to look back, the gate was still open. It looked like we were in Hossin, no doubt due to the low fog.

�Well we are kind of in the middle of a New Conglomerate territory,� Smith said while looking at his wrist computer. �We can�t recall back, it seems we lost our spawn links while we were inside the caverns.�

�Where�s the nearest gate?� I asked.

�North, the bulk of the bases are up there.�

�Any activity?�

Smith looked at the computer, his eyebrows scrunched up.

�We are the only two people on this continent, much less all 10 continents. Every soldier is at their empires sanctuary,� he said.

I turned my head towards the sky.

�Why?�

�Nothing is being broadcasted.�

�Lets drive,� I started. �Now. Something�s not right, we need to get to the sanctuary.�

I backed the Marauder and sped north towards the gate that led to the sanctuary. It was when we were over the second bridge, everything got stranger.

�Bugger, we got a flat tire?� Smith asked.

�No tire on this planet can deflate.�

�Then why are we shaking?�

�Flat tire.�

I looked outside, the waves were getting bigger. Smith shouted.

�HEY WATCH OUT!�

I looked at the other side and a wave hit the bridge. The Marauder lost all traction and started to swerve. The water pushed us against the rail. Then we heard cracking noises. I looked at the bridge and giant cracks started emerging throughout the bridge. Up further the bridge was collapsing. I hit the gas in attempt to escape the bridge, but Marauder didn�t move, the earthquake�s force gave the vehicle no tracking on the surface of the bridge. I looked back towards the collapsing bridge, it was 50 yards away. Just then the shaking stopped. I hit the gas and drove away from the breaking bridge.

Suddenly there was a big explosion, something was breaking the sound barrier. I looked up. BOOM! I giant rock hit the water like a bomb.

Asteroids.

The asteroids started falling, one by one they hit the water and the land in front of us. BOOM! An asteroid landed right behind the Marauder. And took out the bridge, now its collapsing right under us. The vehicle started loosing traction as the bridge started to fall underneath.

�WATCH OUT!�

BOOM! An asteroid hit 10 yards in front of us, the bridge was falling at an angle, there�s no point in stopping now. I floored the Marauder and jumped the gap onto the remaining bridge and hit the brakes. Asteroids deceased their fall. The storm was over.

I looked over at Smith, pale faced.

�Lets get back home.�

::

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.