PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-21, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I had something typed up in the other P2W thread but decided to not post it. Mainly because, premium subs can affect the over-all "win" condition for an empire. So I don't think it's ludicrous to think that it can't affect it. Just depends on how many players are paying and how many aren't, per empire. There's probably a healthy mix of both though. And I agree with everything else you said.

The definition of pay-to-win is something that free players cannot obtain in the game that would help them "win". Most here are using the thing that free players cannot obtain to mean: The speed at which you can obtain resources to pull vehicles and obtain consumables. Does that "speed to obtain" equal pay-to-win? Perhaps..... Is it fair for SOE to charge for that? I think so. Are the resource cost values in-line with cost for a sub or single-boosters? Perhaps....

Thank you for your civility. I hear y' on the debate over what mindset is "ludicrous"......

I have my Account - which is Premium Auraxis (until it runs out). I help my wife with hers. Currently, she is 100% F2P mode. I play her Characters quite often to help her Cert-Up her character(s).

I miss the front-of-the-line priority of My Auraxium Sub.

I like the idea of Passive Cert Gain. However, I have to Log In EVERY DAY to get them. I take a two week business trip and I LOSE ALL MY PASSIVE CERTS cuz I'm not logging in from the road ? BS. I PAY FOR THEM. I should not have to log in daily to get them. It's enough for me to decide not to renew my Sub when it runs out.

I have Zero issues with my wifes F2P account. I get what I want when I want it. I NEVER had to wait for anything. She has little or nothing invested in shortening her ability to respawn any of her vehicles. .... was always able to grab a Flash .... get to Point-B quickly ..... and HAVE ALL HER OTHER VEHICLES AVAILABLE.

Now ? I'll have to see how much it affects my game play on her account.

I prefer Infantry anyway. If I am noticebly hindered by lack of vehicles ... it means more of us F2P guys will now simply help FILL MBTs, GALS, and SUNDYs ..... and IMHO .... that is a BONUS for the Metagame.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-06-21 at 01:19 PM.