PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Planetside heading for worse or for better?
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-17, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kikinchikin

I was shocked when I saw the poll results. No way is Planetside heading for the better.

The game has become a complete zerg fest. There are NO organized operations anymore. This is partly because there are no working alliances still in play and because the influx of noobs to this game is atrocious. There are very few organized outfits left, the lag continues to get worse and many players are capping out and leaving.

Granted, the idea of capitol buildings seems fun, but it will wear off soon after it is implemented. (remember the LLU?)

Surgile was never an exploit, and SOE is angering more players who could end up reducing their play time significantly or just leaving the game all together, than they are pleasing players.

Third person view being taken out is even worse. How in the world are we going to drive our prowlers now? You do realize how wide those things are right? Vehicle driving is going to suck horribly.

I was going to vote no change, but that was not an option, so I voted worse I'm going to cancel. I think Planetside will mostly stay the same for a while, until more people either leave or come in. If more noobs leave the game will improve as lag will be less and hopefully more experienced players will come back/lead more operations like the good old days. If more noobs come in, the zergfest will get worse as will the lag and what is already a small amount of tactics will completely be vaporized in favor of one minded rushes.

Perhaps my view on the game is skewed for two reasons. One that I'm a veteran who's been playing since last March (beta) and I know there were better times for PS (summer and other times), and two that I'm a TR on Emerald and whenever I've been on we've been getting pounded so bad I don't suppose we could start any kind of organized op/raid. But these reasons are minor and in my opinion the game is not heading for better any time soon.