PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Planetside heading for worse or for better?
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-17, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I don't honestly mind the zerg. It provides for massive fights which I enjoy every minute of. But inside that zerg you do have organised ops and outfits and they are the ones that make all the difference. In agreement with Krinsath, pre-lattace links you'd never get a build up of forces. Squads would simply drop on an empty base, camp it for 15 minutes (while all the other squads were doing similar things at bases and so you'd wouldn't see anyone else) and then find a new base. Good example was this one time I was in a burster. In an entire base drop I was the only person to kill anyone, because I happened to be outside and destroyed a Reaver.

I think the problem isn't so much of the zerg, as the fact that you don't get two zergs colliding very often. So the weight of numbers begins rolling over the defenders. They tend to sometimes tend to collide at bridges because the zerg is held up away from bases and neither side has the advantage (and strength in numbers is broken up by the bottleneck of crossing the bridge) which makes bridge fights some of the most enjoyable in the game.