View Single Post
Old 2014-06-02, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: How to into planetside 1

Originally Posted by SirPanfried View Post
Hey fellas,
New player here, came from planetside 2. I heard this game is free and figured I'd give it a go. There's a lot I like about it. I like the bigger variety of weapon types as opposed to the "choose your own assault rifle" style of PS2. PS2 Imo isn't a bad game, it's just that it feels like "space battlefield".

But enough on that. I'm starting this thread because I am god awful at planetside 1 and wanted to get better at it. I lose like 90 percent of gun battles. I have a general understanding of how this game works as far as theory goes but not in practice. And leveling up is awful slow at times for me. It feels like a vicious cycle of "can't level up because I'm bad, I'm bad because I can't level up."

So, any tips, tricks, or pointers to help me on? They would be appreciated and I'd certainly be interested in playing this game more. Thanks.
I'd say players starting out are on more of a level playing field in ps1 than in ps2.

Anyway. Here are two starting tip.

1. Always carry 2-3 medpacks, put the activation key somewhere really handy and hit it whenever you take damage. If you're in a 1v1 you can bet your opponent will be doing that.
2. Always move around in third person and switch to first person for the actual fighting bit. Third person allows you to see around corners and to know whether it's safe or whether there is someone there that you can kill.
3. (I know I said two tips and this is the third) use third person at corners to ambush enemies and remember any corner may well have an enemy behind it waiting to ambush you.