PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Need help with buying a new PC
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-25, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Need help with buying a new PC

That laptop you want to get I do not really consider gaming capable unfortunately now or in the future. PS2 in my opinion will have issues running on that, I do not think that razer gamebooster will do much of anything as well. I think if possible you should reconsider and look into getting a desktop. By doing upgrades to the computer I do not see any reason why it cannot last you through most of college. We can start you out with a modest build and you can put in a new GPU in the future to get a major boost, while potentially getting a CPU too.

You said you have two years until college. That is still a long way out. With that in mind after you can still get a laptop by just saving up between working and any gift money. For school you can easily get a $300 to $400 basic laptop that will suit your mobility needs. I don't see any reason why you can't accomplish that in a couple years.

I never really made use of a laptop in college personally. Never brought it to courses for note taking. Any group projects I had to do was always done in the computer labs. Even if I went home I just brought my whole setup with me, though I was at school 90% of the time. I think many people think they need a laptop for college when in fact they don't. I bought one for my 1st year in college and barely made use of it. Others will say different, but that is my take on it.

I just don't want to see you get stuck with a laptop that won't do what you want it to. Especially considering how long you will be keeping this. If you were just using it for everyday stuff I wouldn't be worried about it.

Last edited by Goku; 2013-11-25 at 10:13 AM.