PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Dedicated driver certification for MBT
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Dedicated driver certification for MBT

Sounds alright. Obviously the magider would have to be changed substantially...more substantially than I initially thought. If they can do that...

...then I'm good with it. I don't think it should give any added bonuses to the tank. The purpose is to allow people the classic MBT style of control, not make it "better" than the current one.

Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
And the Magrider already has ungodly maneuverability for a tank. I don't see why the left-right strafe can't support a designated driver and designated gunner, we have already seen it in PS1 working and I think the Magrider was a beautiful tank to gun for. Give them a third gunner or the ability to switch between chaingun/flak and the main cannon like the Vanguard and I just can't see the problem. They are a really squishy tank compared to the other two Empire's MBT's which is why they have that maneuverability.
A thought: Why not just give the main gun a little more wiggle room than it has now? Something that an independent gunner can aim, but has to shoot in the general direction the tank is facing?

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-15 at 08:24 PM.