PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is PS2 going to be intercontinental enough?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Is PS2 going to be intercontinental enough?

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
HOWEVER, the devs have repeatedly stated that the reason they've removed continent locking is that it quite simply removes large areas of land from the fight, for all the reasons that players feel like it's an accomplishment.
This is why I think they need to try to have all the fighting on one large supercontinent; because small continents are easily locked. And I know one of the objections to a supercontinent is the fear that people will concentrate in too large of numbers, but surely that can be avoided.

Anyway, with supercontinents, it should be easy to sneak behind the lines and cap back-bases, AND, they could still have warpgates that go to other places on the continent.

They could also, instead of having one supercontinent, put the continents physically close together and allow flying between them. It should take 10 minutes or so to fly that far, but that would be OK, because the enemy would have no idea where you're going to come from if that's the case.