PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-08, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
EVILoHOMER
Major

Re: So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues?

1. WASD + Arrow keys for flight like Battlefield for those of use that don't want to use the mouse in an aircraft.

2. Make the camera follow the rotation of the aircraft like in first person when you're in third person.

3. Put Fog into the weather system rather than something that is there the whole time making the game look ugly.

4. Allow us to turn off The distance blur, the crazy amounts of bloom and turn on AA and High resolution textures in the game settings.

5. Change the way you move from island to island via a UI pop up when you get inside the warp gate area, rather than the tiny terminals that people struggle to find or fight over.

6. Streamline the UI down to make it more user friendly, right now it is so complex even I still feel lost, it's a big turn off. I love the art to it all, it's just things like the symbols at the bottom don't even have any text on them to tell you what it is. Other things like making where and why you should spawn at a place more obvious, for some reason lots of people I know just keep spawning at the WG.

7. I'd like to see the resource system and over long vehicle timers gone. They stop you from playing how you want to play, I never had this problem in Planetside but in Planetside 2 I find myself running a long way because I don't have any resources or waiting for a 18 min timer........

8. Get rid of the class system, bring back an inventory and have the suits decide what you can and cannot carry. It was a much much flexible system. I thought I'd like classes because it makes each one unique like TF2 or something, instead it has just taken some of the fun away, you cannot combine certain things like you could in Planetside.

9. Bases need to be more enclosed because right now they're impossible to defend and you never have big epic sieges. Most the time it's just people camping inside the base while vehicles rape the door ways.

10. Speaking of door ways, they all need to be protected and windows included so vehicles cannot just camp outside and constantly shoot through. I thought it was a problem in Planetside but it's even more of a problem in Planetside 2.

11. Tone down all the floating icons, at night it gives me seizures, it's all too erratic and and bright, it just drowns everything out. On top of that night time needs to be made brighter, you cannot see anything half the time because the lighting is over powering but also the first thing you see is the triangles....... I don't want to be shooting at enemy I haven't seen. It was stupid in BF3 and that is why most people play the hardcore servers....

12. Make knives equipable, not just quick knife, BF3 does this and it's fun to just run around with a knife.

13. Branching off that can the veterans have a Vanu Glowing force blade as a reward for being a Planetside veteran? It's something all us Vanu loved especially and when it was removed I died a little inside. I've been asking for it to come back for such a long time, it would just be fun for it to be a gift in Planetside 2.

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/gall...a2f70ae0ca.jpg

There is more but that will do for now.

14. Oh yeah and please make the character models on the login screen look sharp instead of blurry.