PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Godlike Computer Help
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-07, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Cyanide
Major

think dell deos but I woudl never recomend a dell
the 3.4gh EE's are new so not many are around yet. Personaly if your gooing for EE price i woudl get an Athlon 64 FX-53. intel is goign though a socket change very soon too, if you want to wait a bit
I thought AMD was changing to socket 939 shortly too. If I were you, I'd wait until motherboards with PCI Express cards start shipping, because if you get a PC now, you're going to need a new motherboard in 10 - 18 months when you will be looking for a new videocard again. This time of year is not the best time to be buying a high end system. Lots of companies role out new stuff in the early summer to early fall. I would definately wait a while if I were you.

If you absolutely can't wait for the new stuff to come out. I would recommend an Athlon64 over a P4 anything. MS's new OS will be 64 bit, and a lot of major game developers are developing their next generation engines for 64 bit processors. When that happens, your 64 bit AMD will smoke a P4 extreme edition.

In addition to Falcon NW you might want to check out Polywell.com too. They aren't as popular as Falcon but they're definately just as good.