PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - new lattice tweet from higby
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
zulu
Corporal

Re: new lattice tweet from higby

This all seems super awesome.

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

2- Main bases (bio-labs, amp stations, tech plants) require owning the satellites to have access to res flow, base perks, to move further in the chain, and maybe act as influence instead of near outposts.
I like this part. It gives small squads things to do that can fuck a day for the enemy. Example- Holding just the satellites at Tawrich can cut it off and deny MBTs to the plants owners.

3- Able to bypass a main base by going around it thanks to satellites.
This Im a bit iffy on. I like the choice of being able to send a forward group to attack the next outpost in the chain to hold off a counter attack, but it can make bum rushes to a pesky defensible outpost as a dick move a thing. Need to play with it to see what kind of dick it is. (sounds a bit homo don't it? )
I like both of these things. I like the option of just bypassing a heavily-defended installation and weakening it by surrounding it. I would especially like this if surrounding a base had a greater effect on the defenders (say, by lengthening spawn times a bit).

As far as conquerable warpgates -- that would be really awesome, but my assumption is that they might just be rotating the WGs.