PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why so nerfed?
Thread: Why so nerfed?
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-29, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Chewy
Major

Re: Why so nerfed?

Originally Posted by Tooterfish View Post
MAG is, indeed, a great example of how balance can destroy an otherwise incredible accomplishment of a game.

I have to say, regardless of balance, NC still seem pretty popular, and I think our numbers help even things out most of the time.
Ah, a fellow man that played MAG. Good show. (back on topic)

NC may be popular now but it won't last after the first weeks. Using MAG again for example, Valor was the one that had the masses (Ex US army "good guys") and that didn't help them. Granted MAGs downfall was mostly due to maps being locked to each faction and those maps being a "WTF are you thinking" in balance choices for the better half of the games life. However the idea still has merit to my eyes.

If a map is made to fit either ranged, medium, or CQC fights it will always be an advantage it the factions that fit those styles. Both TR and VS can be med to ranged without spending certs to either upgrade or replace weapons. NC have to spend certs to get out of CQC battles. Be that a upgrade or a whole new gun, certs are needed to take the fight to the enemy.

Skill will and is always going to be a factor in this but a wide COF is something skill will never be able to over come. A weapon with a low COF may do less damage, but it can hit far more and at greater ranges with skill as a factor. If you remove skill (make all players equal) and full upgrades on all weapons then the fight will still be the same. With NC being the shortest range faction.