PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Future FPS Mechanic Development
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-17, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Future FPS Mechanic Development

I understand that the devs have a lot on their plate right now, and rightfully so. What with base redesigning, vehicle balancing, and meta-game improvements, they are looking at a good deal of work ahead of them.

But in the meantime, I'd like to take a step into the future, when we have a more organized, more purposeful game; the bases are defensible, things start balancing out, and the meta-game is streamlined. When all these relatively important problems are fixed, might there be some work done on the FPS mechanics of the game?

This is, if course, not to say that they are bad right now, it just seems like they could be improved some in order to enhance the shooter experience some. I know that the big seller on the planetside franchise has always been large-scale warfare, and after all the issues mentioned above are ironed out, I think we will be much closer to that, but the shooter mechanics should still stand out and impress the player. Making the actual firefights look and feel more comfortable and attractive is a very important part of any shooter, and certainly should be for PS2. Overall I think it will benefit the game greatly as a future development.