PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Future FPS Mechanic Development
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Elgareth
Private

Re: Future FPS Mechanic Development

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
What I'm getting at is more the possibility of making the shooter mechanics easier to learn. I understand we don't want call of duty, but I've introduced some people to the game and they find it (as I did) hard to pick up and learn. Again, not bad, it's just that it seems like, on a scale of easy to hard (in terms of shooting), the lineup seems to be Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Planetside 2. I would just propose making the shooting mechanics easier to learn.
Errr...what? Aim at someone, left click to shoot. How much easier can shooting mechanics become?
That we'd need Tutorials of some sort (New Account, First Login puts you in a small, virtual world (basically a simulator) where Generators, Control Points, Hex System, the Shop/Certs are explained briefly... or just Textboxes explaining things once you stumble upon them) is obvious, but the shooting mechanics?

You'd have to be more specific, even if that opens up possibilities to flame if the idea is bad... however, without being more specific, one can't talk about it neither positively nor negatively, since noone knows what you want to say