PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Future FPS Mechanic Development
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Re: Future FPS Mechanic Development

Alright. Well I guess I'll put it more clearly: recoil and spread combined with a system that requires sustained fire to pull out kills. It can be a bit of a challenge, and can really piss someone off when they find a guy standing still and put four shots into him before he runs off. The shooting plays like Battlefield 3, but in a frustrating way. Battlefield did it for the realism, Planetside 2 just took the recoil and spread that battlefield had and doubled the TTK.

Even for people who have played other first person shooters, it can be quite irritating. It takes about four headshots to get a kill, eight body shots at very close range. With that kind of TTK, Battlefield-style recoil and spread seem to be stupid mechanics. A future refinement of the system would seem ideal (in my eyes, of course others are entitled to their opinions).

EDIT: I am also aware that people have discussed the TTK being too low. I would be fine with higher TTK I guess, but again, it would not make sense with the same recoil and spread we have on the current weapons.

Last edited by Palerion; 2013-01-18 at 09:17 AM.