PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside Installation Guide '11
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-21, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Re: Planetside Installation Guide '11

Originally Posted by Coletrain View Post
I'm getting a network error when I try to log in to the launcher.

"Network error, the server is not responding. Please check your connections"

This is kind of rediculous, I mean the fact that I'm paying $15 for this 8 year old game is one thing, but to have to deal with stuff like this? ... come on.
I just installed yesterday; I still had the 45 days of comp time from SOE for the hacking incident. First off, installing from the old CDs did me no good and I was getting the launcher issue you were having. If you get a small little launcher that only has the username/password and a two little buttons under it, you have the wrong one. It will say the server's down/check your connection and I couldn't get past that.

I went here and clicked the "reinstall" link for Planetside
http://www.soe.com/getthegame

You get a normal-looking launcher with a progress bar that will download all the files. You have to enter username/password for it to work; I don't know what happens if you need to sub because I didn't need to with the comp time I have.

After that, if you have Win 7 64-bit, you will get a runtime error when you first start the game. I set both the launcher and the PS.exe file to XP compatibility and it fixed it (I don't know exactly which file actually needs it; I was just making everything I could XP compatible to get things to work). Also make sure there are no security issues where it chooses to not run as administrator and says you don't have permission or something. I made sure all users had permissions for everything.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2012-06-28 at 08:28 AM.