PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - n00b questions! :D
View Single Post
Old 2003-02-21, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Saint
Captain

Here I am, the n00b question mastah!

Q1: You take a HART into the drop station in orbit and pick your landing site, cannot be in the SOI of any base. (SOI is sphere of influence)

Q2: Hmmm you might wanna check the Dev question thing, but I think all bases have a vehichle pad, spawn points and equipment terminals, possibly medical terminals as well as lockers.

Q3: All armors have kinetic dampeners and depending on the altitude of the drop they might absorb all or just some of the damage. No one knows about buggys and tanks.

Q4: I am not sure if you can hack them individually, but if you hack the whole base they will become yours. SJ said that everything that you can interface with is destroyable, so I am assuiming everything you can interface with you can hack so I am guessing yes you can hack turrets, but that could alter gameplay quite a bit. The devs prolly won't let you, but I say yes, I am a positive thinker.

Q5: The Planet of auraxis has a highly charged ionosphere filled with hefadioxine, it allows light to reflect across the surface as though there was a star there and thats also the reason that at night time its never really dark , So you wont see the star itself cause its always slightly off the horizon due to the planest abnormal orbit. So it will never get completly dark, but with cover of storm and at night you might be very well hidden and by the time they realize it is too late.

Q6: You have to purchase weapons meaning that you have to go to a terminal and get them every time you die, either that or loot someone or get in yur locker. You don't need money, you only need the certification to use that gun, so in an essence certs are money kinda.

Q7: No one knows much about the ANT, but I watched someone blow up an ATV and that thing went KABLOOOIE! I can't imagine a galaxy or surrender blowing up, just pray you are no where near it. Depending on the size on the ANT I don't know the blast raduis. I don't think more nanite will make it blow up bigger, but that is something they could impliment.

Q8: Wraiths, AMS and Mosquitos all have radar jammers that make them invisable, all other vehicles can be seen on radar I think. If your teamate is piloting a jammed vehicle you can see it on your radar tho, but that is the only case.

Q9: Sort of, in VR you can advance to battle rank 5 I think without ever fighting another human player. I don't think it is a place to practice assults, it is a place that lets you use all weapons, armors and vehicles in the game without having the certification.

Q10: As of right now and the version at release it goes like this
Normal: Hack bar fills up slowly
Hacking cert: Hack bar fills up fast
Advanced hacking cert: Hack bar fills up very very fast
I also believe to hack a base you have to have a hacking cert, not just anyone can do it. They said something like a puzzle could be implimented in a patch but as of right now, it is not player skilled hacking.

Q11: No word on MAX altitude, but usually it doesn't matter because you don't need to go that high, you can hide in clouds. If I get any word on this I will post it ASAP.

Hope I gacve you all the information you needed.

Have fun!!!