PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So what do you want?
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-19, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ColMirage
Private

Re: So what do you want?

There's a few things I'd like to see.

First, the return to a single planet with continents. Having a single planet and watch as your empire's color spread over continents is way cooler than a planetary view. Basically, like Auraxis.

Second, a hugely improved weather system. Here I'm talking about different varieties and sizes of meteorological events, from overcast to hurricanes passing through wind, fog, rain, lightning (That actually hits the ground), supercells, tornadoes, sandstorms, snowstorms, etc.

This is important to provide the feeling of a natural, living planet, and also gives something to do if you happen to be bored. Let's drive ATVs straight into a tornado for the hell of it!

This leaves the players in command more to think about than just having a liberator raid on a tech plant. How about waiting a bit for those clouds to come in and provide some cover?

I'd also like to see a full planetary day night cycle.

As for bases, I believe each base type should have a default layout, but, each base itself would be unique as to how it is constructed around that layout.

The default layouts is mostly to help out the newbies in an already complicated game, while the rest of the base provides additional tactical possibilities unique to each base.

Flame away

Last edited by ColMirage; 2009-10-19 at 11:54 PM.