PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I'm not a fan of maxes honestly. Also this is more of a vehicle, not an indoor unit designed for base defense/offense.

Speak for yourself. I played the game just like the rest of you during that time. I didn't even care when they were overpowered.

It bothered me far more when Reaver rockets killed infantry after a few hits honestly. That seemed far more overpowered than the BFRs ever were. They didn't remove the Reaver. They fixed it.
I use Maxes quite a bit outdoors, I mean the AA Max obviously, and even the AV Max (though I prefer the Phoenix if I'm going after vehicles since the NC AV Max is meh). You may very well be able to customize a Max to something similar to what you propose. We'll have to see.

As for the BFRs, I think you are in the minority on your opinion of BFRs. I see your point of view, but for the vast majority of Planetside players, BFR is a 4 letter word. If today, Higby announced that BFRs are back for PS2, you know you'd see a revolt. Just because you are in the minority doesn't make your opinion wrong at all, it just means you're not going to get much support.