PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Resource Denial: PS1 vs PS2
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-21, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Resource Denial: PS1 vs PS2

Yea one of the good things about planetside was its supply lines, that been AMS and ants. cutting off the ANT supply means you can effectively lay siege to a base, i think this adds a much greater level of complexity to the game and one that certainly should not be overlooked even if the devs see it as been "boring"

I verymuch like GW2 systems where you take a supply camp and then the dolyaks run supplies to your keeps and towers, off course if these are then cut off or intercepted you loose that supply,these bases can keep an unlimted amount of supply in them used to deploy siege weapons at the base, and repair its walls and doors which makes it ALOT easier to defend if you have siege weapons.

I cant see the individual resource system been removed but i think the element of supply should be brought back. How exactly, im not sure. but ANT works.

That does not solve the resource issue, but it make a problem like taking bases as the undepoped or empire getting hammered easier because if you were to loose your tech its gonna be then hard to get it back, because you know what helps with offence? tech.

there are certainly some issues with their systemand i do hope they do some extended playtests to sort out potential longterm issues like the ones you have brought up.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-06-21 at 02:53 AM.