Thread: PS going FTP
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-21, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: PS going FTP

Originally Posted by CraazyCanuck View Post
I might give it a whirl. Anyone recommend any good guides etc that might cut down on the learning curve?
- Always flip on 3rd person before going around a corner.
- Always have a med pack on a handy key and use it whenever you are engaging someone.
- Jack hammer is close range, MCG is medium and lasher is inbetween.
- there are 5 armour types. pj's - you come out of the spawns as these, medium - you need these to drive and you can equip 1 full size weapon, rexo - heavy - you can equip 2 full sized weapons, cloaker - not a sniper and has a small inventory, max - max.
- new characters are given a starting number of certs plus you can go into VR, try every gun and vehicle to get some more. This should be enough for you to make a start.
- doors have locks, you need a rek to hack doors. You also need a rek to hack a base or tower which is done at the CC.
- you blow generators up by destroying them (but it's a good idea not to do that otherwise the fight will probably end too soon)
- xp is gained by kills, base captures and base resecures, you don't get xp by either destroying or repairing wall turrets nor vehicle and equip terms, you only do that if it's a good idea when you want to deny the enemy's use of them.

Lastly, be warned. Although there is a level playing field as far as guns and weapons and armour, your fellow players will have an advantage due to greater knowledge. Also, as I implied above the different empire weapons are differentiated and have different pro's and cons.

Last edited by ringring; 2014-03-21 at 04:17 PM.