PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.

Originally Posted by EASyEightyEight View Post
It's good to know my posts can still rub people all sorts of ways, which usually means they know deep down that I'm actually speaking the truth. Planetside 2 is NOT Planetside 1, or have ALL of the differences between the two not clued some people in to that fact yet? Yet here we are, discussing why yet another facet of Planetside 2 isn't exactly like it was in Planetside 1...

As for paid-for DLC continents, I feel they would needlessly separate and thin the populations, harming the game over all. Consider Core-Combat's caves... only players that purchased the expansion pack initially had access to the caves, and then the overworld and the caves were sporting split populations, artificially lowering the number of players available for both. We don't want this in Planetside 2. I'd prefer to let SOE sell uber tanks with real life cash than demand players spend money to fight on a new landmass.
Not meaning to rip on you too hard here, but the first part of your post is lecturing about not equating PS1 to PS2, and then you spend the 2nd part basing your argument on PS1 populations numbers. You should take your own advice. Ideally there will be plenty of players for more continents.

Also, isn't "spending money for a new landmass" how every MMO expansion works? Granted it's not an mmorpg like where you normally see this, but I don't think it's far fetched to say it will still work. I mean technically adding any continents will "split the population". It's not like all the fights are only going to happen on the new continents leaving all the "poor kids" in the dust.