PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "How long will you wait for optimization?" - ReachCast Episode 49 CQ
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-03, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: "How long will you wait for optimization?" - ReachCast Episode 49 CQ

TL;DR : I can wait indefinitely, because I'm not playing. Active players? 6 months without new content tops will kill the game.

March to August, waited (without logging in) for performance improvements/fixes. Expected the game to better in live than beta, but it was actually much worse. So with that in mind, it's already been a year.

Honestly, I'm not really "playing the game" at this point. I may log in from time to time now that we have a higher data cap on our internet, but nothing serious. Why? Two reasons,

1. Optimization.
2. The game has no purpose.

Personally, I can "wait" as long as it takes to accomplish both, because said "waiting" simply means "not playing or spending any money on Planetside 2". That's not really a good thing.

SOE really does need to solve both problems at the same time, because PS2 without a point will push away people who can play the game without issues and PS2 in a unplayable state will push away everyone who is effected by performance issue. Together that makes up pretty much everyone. Not good.