PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-30, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

SArais, the BFRs never really worked BECAUSE they did something different from the other vehicles to the point it was hamfested in. That isn't an Unique Selling Point when their uniqueness breaks gameplay for other things.

If you change the rules for BFR to be more like the other vehicles, just with different stats, then they'd always been fine.

You're actually using "Sorry, but I want my I-win-button" as an argument. If that's the extend of your argument, you have no place in any discussion about balancing, because you're not interested in balance, just in pwning people.

In a MMO, you don't add I-Win buttons to pwn people. This isn't a single player game where you as an individual have to be glorified. Your personal interests aren't more important than the interests of other players. As long as you can't see that, you're not someone who can be reasoned with, or should be argued with. If your entire argument is about self-interest at the expense of others, you're just going to be ignored by people with an interest in the gameplay of everyone.

So suit yourself. Either you compromise and discuss constructively, or you'd get yourself ostracized automatically.