PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Who wants to save Planetside 2? I can't do it alone.. I've tried..
View Single Post
Old 2015-04-07, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Who wants to save Planetside 2? I can't do it alone.. I've tried..

PS4 won't be any different from PC in that the attrition rate will be sky high.

After Koltyr, what reason do players have to stay? BR unlock trick? Gun grinding?

Instead, they want to implement Black Ops to 'fix' population imbalance. Their latest in a long line of decisions based-on-not-playing the game. FPS solutions to MMOFPS problems.

First thing they have to do to stabilize population is nerf the Vanu. But they won't do that. They are the special faction.

Ever notice Vanu weapons are designed so you can't screw it up? (including the stuff that's already nerfed, ZOE, dropless shotgun, the other 0.75x gun, PPA, and that old sniper cannon).

Lasher point at the door and forget suppression weapon. In a large fight, it is utterly broken because it can stop large groups by stripping off the shield before they can enter a door via AOE.
Orion, 0.75x movement modifier, free starter weapon LMG
Magrider, highly mobile hoover tank that has burst damage. All you have to do is find a cover. Shoot, hide, shoot, hide (what's the counter?) Magrider should be very low sustain fire damage weapons so they have a downside, so they can actually be hit while firing.
Lancer hits up to 600m beyond render range. Infantry render range is 300m. These things can decimate armor columns and you can't do anything about it because they are beyond render range. And if there's a LOS to the vehicle pad, your vehicle is toast as soon as it gets out to a group of lancers. That can't be done with TR/NC equivalent that are locked behind 300m limits. Isn't this the reason why the AV Engineer Turret was nerfed to 300m?
Heat Mechanic require no ammo. Last I've heard they will add this to vehicles as well. So, the Magrider shooting and hiding on top of the mountain (how did it get there in the first place), can now have unlimited ammo pelting you relentlessly.
Scythe Hard to hit with thin profile and hoover/dive and spray light ppa from far away.

Black Ops will kill any chance of longevity of this game. It's akin to allowing players to switch teams in the NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB. Who would be furious if your favorite players are now beating up your team because they changed uniform at the start of the game? Who would be uncomfortable as hell if your most disliked player adversaries from other teams are now in your team (temporarily)? Would you continue to follow your NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB "team"???

What's what PS2 is going to do with Black Ops: alienate loyalty and gameplay longevity. Players will just leave because there no reason to stay with faction (tribal) affiliation. This is an MMO PvP dynamic that the the PS2 Devs don't understand.