PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-13, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Rolfski
Major

Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
The idea is to allow players to discover the game and easily find help about the game concepts and the UI but to do so at their own pace. Trying to put too much information at a player in the tutorial will just be information overload. That's why the tutorial is fairly short, and more complicated concepts like how to read the map can be provided as reference for them to pick up on their own pace.
Well that's exactly my problem with the current map tutorial. While the info on the topics is brief, it doesn't FEEL short for me as a new player because the way it is presented right now. I have to wade to 13 pages of explanations to learn about basic game concepts and the map. For me as a player that is information overload, I'm lost after page 3.

The reason being that when I read that hovering over territory will show additional region info, I want to instantly try that out. But now I have to shut down the tutorial to experience it myself and then reboot it again. That's just annoying. This problem can be easily solved by making the tutorial a regular multi-task window that just sticks on top of the map, can be dragged around but still allows for the player trying stuff out on the go while he reads about it in the tutorial.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-06-13 at 11:49 PM.