PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So every HA can be an aircraft counter?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
LegioX
First Sergeant

Re: So every HA can be an aircraft counter?

Look im not going to get into a history debate with you, but im not missing the point.

Do you really think the 101st and 82nd airborne divisions would have landed in Normandy without total control over the skies? LOL come on man think about it. There was no LW anywhere on June 5th. I have read 2 books on the subject, i know what im talking about.

Read Stephen Ambrose D-DAY. You will talk a different tun afterwards.

And i did read your post. You're obviously not hearing my argument.

1. Every HA should not have AA launchers
2. Air support should be the primary goal or attack/defense....NOT the ability for ground troops via rocket launchers given to HA to fight off air.
3. Are you getting raped by air? Then give the players (this is a team oriented game right?) The ability to form or request BARCAP/CAP over targets to help relieve the pressure.
4. Devs have been harping on how you can "Cert" out your aircraft to be either air-to-air or air-to-ground. This in return will give players (who cert their plane for air-to-air) a distinct advantage over other players who go the air-to-ground route.

So why should we be concerned about air "possibly" raping ground troops over bases? Force the players to play together ie: form groups/communicate, to send up air to shoot down anything causing a problem.

If anything limit those AA rocket launchers alot.

Last edited by LegioX; 2012-07-21 at 11:54 AM.