PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Vancha
Colonel

Re: How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I have to say that I would personally rather have more traditional projectile weapons instead of expanding the gauss-idea.

I don't wanna be a VS-wannabe with my tech!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coilgun

I don't know whether you said what you said because you knew what a gauss gun should be and still felt it was too close to the VS, or because the guass rifle in PS gave you the wrong impression as to what a gauss gun actually was. Either way, I'm not sure technology we had in 1934 could be considered too advanced for the NC.

Edit: Ugh, I keep changing my mind. It really does depend on whether NC equipment is simply low-tech/efficiently made, or Minmatar-style deathtraps. To be honest, thinking back to the Vanguard we've seen and the MAX concept art, they really could have come from the NC of two separate realities. If the NC can make such clean looking tanks, what the hell's up with their MAX?

Last edited by Vancha; 2011-07-23 at 08:28 AM.