PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Need a proper gaming machine. Please help.
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-26, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
therous
Private

Re: Need a proper gaming machine. Please help.

so for a cpu i would can recommend two, either the i-5 2500k which is a overclocking beast and can be brought to around 4.8 an air (if your case has good air flow) and a little over 5 if a decent closed loop water cooler is used (at least a corsair h70) for ten dollars more you can get a i-5 3570k which preforms amazingly, i have one and it crushes planetside 2. if heat is a problem i'd go for a 2500k, they tend to run a lot cooler but a [email protected] can match a [email protected].

for a gpu i would say get a msi 600ti twin frozr IV. i could spend hours explaining why but its easier to simply google it for yourself and see what it has over the other 660ti's.

i have found that ram does not matter that much as long as it is at least 1600mhz and 8 gigs.

if you do go intel as i roccmended (AMD is severally outperformed by intel in ps2) get a z77 motherboard from MSI, ASUS or ASrock as they are the prominent motherboard manufacturers for intel sockets. the reason i say get a Z77 is because of their outstanding overclocking capabilities.

for cooling i would say go liquid, air is on its way out and water coolers such as the corsair h series that i mentioned above are dropping in price. also, rupturing the reservoir (water containment) is a rarity unless personal stupidity is involved.

only two companies i would even consider buying are seagate or western digital. both are very reliable and have great customer service. i would go for a 1 tb drive as these tend to have more cache, in the 32-64 MB area which will help your load speed in game.

the funny thing about sound cards is you don't really need one, motherboards come with integrated 7.1 audio which sounds as crisp as any mid range sound card so save yourself the cash and put it into another piece of hardware.

i hope i helped you with this, if i left anything out or you have any further questions i would be glad to help you.