PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sniper rifle trail
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Re: Sniper rifle trail

Well, I was a fairly decent sniper in PS1 myself, but my issue was that I would have a great spot, get the kill, but because of that tracer his buddies would ground pound the area before I had a chance to get to better cover. I would prefer if maybe instead of a tracer line there was a new hit indicator? Just a different color line showing you the direction of incoming fire? Well, that would make your screen all colorful in a firefight and jumbled. Maybe a 20 or 30% chance to fire a tracer round instead? Haha.

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
boo hoo

Planetside 1 had many fun outdoor battles because snipers were largely irrelevant. Sadly, to draw in all the x420xVASILIZAITSEVx360noscopex crowd like yourself, sniping will probably be similar to BF3 and CoD (IE: ruining rifle-range fights at all times)
And the what the what crowd? Like myself? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I fall under that kind of category, besides, snipers aren't ruining anything, they're just doing their jobs like "rifle-range" soldiers are doing theirs. Not to mention, I don't know if we were playing the same planetside, but good snipers were never irrelevant. Especially given how much more difficult sniping was in PS1 compared to other games.