PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A clarification on Crimea
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-13, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: A clarification on Crimea

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
If you intend to incite a meaningful and constructive discussion you shouldn't operate in exaggerations, loaded questions and intentional fallacies. Or do you really want me to believe that you consider barely equipped people who got their arms by blatantly storming a police station with pure numbers, who also got eliminated 2 days after - an actual army personnel?
OK, apologies if I offended. To be honest I'm pissed off with what's going on in Ukraine because from my perspective I see a country having its sovereignty stripped away by force, heavily assisted by outside actors, so maybe thats why my comments seem charged.

I wasn't aware I was using exaggerations and the intentional fallacies - As far as I understand from news reports, there's no doubt that pro-Russian militia armed with automatic weapons are in at least two cities now, if not more. I already said that I couldn't prove they were Russian soldiers (I edited it before you replied). Maybe you think this view is an exaggeration/fallacy - as far as I understand it, this is fact - but I'm just going on what I understand from the media.

As for the loaded question - yep, I guess I should have separated that question ("Are they generally supportive about what Putin and the Russian government doing in Ukraine?") from the rest, and put it in a new paragraph. But I am genuinely interested to know what the Russian sentiment is towards the government's actions during this recent Ukrainian crisis.

For the record I don't think Russians are vodka-drunk sillies .

Sonny