PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Three long overlooked problems with this game.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-26, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zadexin
Corporal

Re: Three long overlooked problems with this game.

Squad beacon is pretty good imo. Although I think it should cost infantry resources to both PLACE AND USE. Why do we get all these free drop pods? It should cost a few dozen infantry resources to be able to pod in. Also the crap like placing beacons INSIDE spawn rooms and pain tubes needs to go away IMMEDIATELY! That is a clear bug that needs to be fixed.

IMO the real problem is with squad deploy. Instead of drop podding onto your squad leaders head it should just spawn you from the closest friendly spawn point. You should still be within a hex or a lattice node away. Then you can at least pull a vehicle that may help out in the battle.

Lastly, I suggested this before, there should be some kind of deployable item called a 'Spawn Jammer". Something that you can buy and put out that creates a small bubble where no enemy can spawn. Similar to the AMS bubble effect. And have it follow the same placement rules as spawn beacons. This creates a defensive front line that the OP was talking about. It also makes another objective for attackers to seek and destroy, something that I think this game sorely needs. Less camping spawns, more blowing stuff up.