PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Dedicated driver certification for MBT
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: Dedicated driver certification for MBT

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I've been hearing rumors that SOE pulled the plug on this idea already. I'm not sure if it was because of the Magrider or not.
The TR should get it gratis, out of the box. The other two empires should not even be able to cert it.

a) It conforms to what Higby told us in the factions rundown video; that the TR vehicles and weapons systems 'require more players to operate them.' Skip to 0:45:

b) The Prowler's gift is speed. Speed equals mobility. If we're gonna make full use of it, we need to have the *option* of going full tilt while not worrying about driving into trees and off cliffs.

If this makes anyone butthurt, and the fact that we get half the number of tanks for the same number of players isn't 'balancing' enough.... well.... in that case I want a howitzer cert for the Prowler so I can make it more like the Vanguard, and both TR and NC should have pontoon certs so our tanks can float. Then we can all be balanced and equal and stuff.

We need to exaggerate the differences between the empires' equipment so the tactics differ. This is an excellent opportunity to do just that.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-07-28 at 01:00 AM.