PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Decimator
Thread: The Decimator
View Single Post
Old 2003-09-13, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Jagd
Major

First of all, claiming that the Pounder is the only good MAX in the game, and therefore anything that makes it harder to kill a MAX is a buff for the TR is not only bullshit, it also makes you sound like an idiot.

Second of all, special assault is one cert that I will never unlearn, and I can tell that none of you whiners have used the Decimator otherwise you wouldn't be claiming the old secondary fire rate was an "exploit." Let me explain; when you are firing in camera mode you have to detonate the missile before you can fire the next round. This means that you have to wait for the rocket to travel to the target (initially at a very slow speed) and then click to detonate the missile before you can get back to first person view, make sure you're still lined up, and fire again. There are very few situations where an enemy MAX is close enough to you that you can successfully guide the missile to him, detonate it, adjust your aim, and snap off your second shot faster than the primary reload rate. We're talking about extremely close range for this to even be possible, and unless you're behind him you're already full of scatter cannon pellets.

That said, I don't have any problem with them synchronizing the refire rates because it makes sense that they would be the same. I wish people would actually think about what a change is specifically doing, and how much it actually affects gameplay before they start screaming and yelling about how it's a nerf, and how everyone will unlearn the cert, switch factions, cancel their subscription, blah blah blah. Calm down people, they aren't trying to systematically strip all the fun out of the game, they're making adjustments here or there and just because you have an anecdote that suggests they may be tweaking it in the wrong direction, doesn't mean they are. I am certain they have much more accurate statistics and information avaiable to them, and they seem to think pretty carefully about any changes they include in a patch.

So yeah, I'm not trying to be an apologist for SOE cause they still have a lot of work to do to get this game stable, but I sure am sick of all you forum spammers overreacting every time they make a change. See you out there, and I dare you try special assault with a re-exo for a week. You'll never look back.
-Jagd