PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - An XP change in GU13
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-03, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Stomps
Private

Re: An XP change in GU13

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
That is certainly a good change, but what personally annoys me much more is the constant xp spam displayed in the middle of the screen.
I mean wtf, let me turn that shit off. Same goes for sound. If you place a sunderer-ams in a good spot you have a friggin' slot machine going on with "sonic catches a ring" sounds blaring in your ear and the screen being spammed with "+5xp".

So i take this opportunity to once more ask: LET ME TURN THAT SHIT OFF PLEASE.

Edit:

You're such a bailer.

On a more serious note: Why do you care if someone now gets xp or a kill where they didn't before? I mean, that is the same argument as before, just turned around. You can still suicide as much as you want, but because now someone might get xp for it you are upset? Really?

The whole point of changes like this is to tone down cheap play and asshole behaviour, which this game is promoting enough as it is. If the result is that sometimes people get xp for not really doing something, why not? That is still better then promoting douchebaggery and people being denied xp who actually did something.
See this is kinda what I expected, just assuming my objections are from being nailed. And you yourself say turn it around, well turn it around another way and look at it from the pov of the receiver.

Id like to know how I turn it off, its going to turn the already unreliable stats into a clusterfk of unreliability.

Scenario 1, im sitting in a sundy in the zerg camp watching the upper floor of a tower - some guy appears, I get a lucky shot on him and through nothing ive done he slips and suicides, bingo 1 kill for me I dont deserve. I did nothing to effect his death yet I get rewarded a whole kill of XP for 1 lucky shot. Fake.

Scenario 2, im bursting my max for king and glory at some galaxy approaching a base, they all bail as normal, maybe two or three hit obstacles and die, bingo I get the kills, I dont want them on my record, how fake is that?

Scenario 3, I get a few hits on someones flash while they run, they hit a small bump of doom completely out of my sight, flip and suicide, another kill for me i didnt earn.

Scenar...I could go on but as i said im sure these things will make themselves evident but i doubt many will complain and will actively rally against anyone objecting, i mean its free kills right? Douchebag strawmen abound, slipped on a banana? boom someone gets a free kill ... seriously its going to affect many just normal areas of play, if it was only pilots then sure, thats a problem needing a solution but the others, no, i dont want all these freak kills I dont deserve and didnt make a serious effort to win the XP from.

handoutside has arrived! and i can already think of 1 way to cheat the pilot bailing (no nothing to do with ejectors or LAs), will keep schtum on that and see if it works first tho.

Last edited by Stomps; 2013-07-03 at 02:33 PM.