PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - looting "makes it alot more of a balance nightmare"
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Volw
First Sergeant

Re: looting "makes it alot more of a balance nightmare"

Originally Posted by MooK View Post
We just don't know enough about this game. They say a reimagination of PlanetSide, but so many aspects of it are being changed or removed completely. Things that, in my opinion, made PlanetSide--well, PlanetSide. I think that in the coming months they need to have some sort of surveying system in place that asks what players really want, and then tie that into their vision.
It's still planetside. Mind it's not 2003 any more and they HAVE to bring the gameplay to 2011 standards, whenever you like it or not. (I actually don't like 2011 standards myself, but that's not the point)

I don't see much of a difference between having to change loadout via inventory (PS1) or via cert system (PS2). Sure it doesn't sound to be as flexible, but I don't really see why should we dramatize over every single feature that's changing.

PS1 has 20k subscribers (and that's a very optimistic number) and they would make a huge mistake to listen to community that naturally will be opposed to any and all changes. That is unless they want to sell more than 50k copies.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org