PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #394
Deflagrate
Private

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

When windows were mentioned I thought of this as a solution:

Window Blast Shields -> Each window should have a door that can be opened/closed from within the building, a simple "Hold E for one second" to open / close would be good, with a 10 or so second time period where it can not be flipped.

As it is now the windows have a benefit for the defenders vs infantry, but as soon as any decent number of vehicles surround the base they are just kill zones, as mentioned in the video. Not to mention light assault being able to enter through windows.

PlanetSide was a bit too overboard on base enclosure, but giving bases the ability to be converted into a defense mode is one thing that PlanetSide 2 desperately needs.

Deploying CE and preparing a base for a defense, then finally that long battle to defend was one of the most enjoyable kind of experience in PlanetSide, in contrast to that in my opinion PlanetSide 2 really shines with open field battles, but they are rare, simply because there isn't that incentive.

Defenders need an advantage, before the tech plant change, you actually saw some nice drawn out defense battles, and they were fun; attackers had to think creatively to defeat a well entrenched garrison, and the usage of abilities like the Shield Disrupted actually ended up being more than just gimmicks