PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #397
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

Originally Posted by FireWater View Post
Honestly, I think limiting sundy spawn opportunities as well as making some vehicle tweaks (i.e. no one shot AoE tanks, but one shot direct hit tanks etc......) would certainly make things a lot better for the players, as well as the developers in terms of their development time.

When I have some time I want to post a Sundy spawn idea that should have minimal effect on small squads, but can have an significant impact on large squads if they continually die.
Limiting Sundy spawns in itself won't promote good infantry on infantry gameplay (imho).

Planetside is all about controlling spawns. Which is why spawn camping is so bad (obviously) and why, destroying an AMS (or perhaps) the only AMS at a base is great for the defenders.

And that's the good part, destroying AMSES is good for the defenders, and we're saying buff the defenders (or at least defences).

However, if the attackers AMS goes, the fight is over. Similarly if the spawns are camped the fight is over. It's the same thing from a different direction.

If 1 AMS is destroyed is doesn't matter much as long as there is another, but if the other one is too far away it might as well not be there at all.

What we need is something that will sustain a prolonged fight such that neither side loses too easily and that winning requires effort and hopefully some squad coordination.

Personally I dont see a way of doing this that doesn't involve 'fortress' type bases and outposts.