PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Shields Replacing Armor - Good or Bad Change?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Zekeen
Major

Re: Shields Replacing Armor - Good or Bad Change?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
The thing you're forgetting is the devs have played the game. You haven't. So by default you are coming from an uninformed decision, and its rather arrogant to assume you know whats 'best'.

Here's how pretty much every reveal has gone so far.

Step 1. "They did what? Thats not how it was in PS1 and it cannot work in any other way! "
Step 2. Higby or RadarX comes in and explains their reasoning behind the choice.
Step 3. "Oh, thats pretty reasonable/sensible".

Every. Single. Time. With the exception of driver gunning, that's still rather controversial.
Haven't said anything was "best", I said we should come together as a community to decide what is "best". You might wanna figure out how to quote people before throwing out claims like that. I'm probably wrong on a lot of stuff, but if I am, no harm comes. If I'm wrong, they already have a perfect system in place and no one cares of what I've said here cause it instantly become irrelevant.

And regardless of how right the devs can be, a thousand heads are better than several. If devs were always right when they made or updated a game, we wouldn't need Betas. No one is saying the devs are wrong or anything first of all. Secondly, the devs are small somewhat tight knit group. For all WE know, they may very well have COMPLETELY different tastes in one feature or another from a VAST MAJORITY of players. This is why we talk about things. The "just in case". The dev's will share views with the majority 98% of the time, but with the thousands of features in a game the size of PS2, we gotta look at the big picture. Don't just go "dev's MUST be right" and leave it at that. Look what happened with SWG: NGE. That was ALL dev work there. Thank god the PS dev team is virtually flawless, but why not put our voice in anyways?

You don't like tank gunners, and I don't like flashing shields giving away my position from stray bullets in the dead of night. To each his own - to call that arrogant... is itself true arrogance.