PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Prosieben is listening to the European Community
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-22, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
That is a worrying part of this arrangement. However, I would hope that SOE would still be able to keep some control over their Intellectual Property. If Pro7 started doing things that damaged the name of Planetside and SOE, then it's reasonable to think that SOE would have the ability to take a course of action to correct that.
It really all depends on what has been agreed in the contract. SOE would only have that snooty if they chose to retain it during negotiations and we've already read that Pro7 understand the value of buying such privileges from a developer. I guess we'd better hope Smed was able to turn down whatever extra money was on the table in order to remain in some kind of control over the EU side of the company. Although judging by the tone of the Pro7 press release which Figgy was just quoting "special EU content" I'd say out sounds more likely that Smed sold it when he saw all those dollar signs!