PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux
Thread: Gameplay: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-09, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

Re: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux

Originally Posted by Jinxsey View Post
BF2142 did this with it's Titan matches.
^That.

Also I think this could be made to work maybe during certain event weeks or something, but to bring it in as part of the persistent game (even with resource and timelocks and all that -- unless you can only pull it once a week or less) it still draws focus away from the ground combat, and with air vehicles what they are the combat looks to be spread around pretty evenly so far. I would have actually liked this idea more for PS1 simply from the stupid corridor fighting and tower stalemates that happened (I know a lot of people enjoyed that stuff -- I didn't, just personal taste; to each his own) but PS2 (so far from the alpha highlights and the E3 demo) looks like they've got the combat more balanced and there won't be as much of the human wave thing going on in the hallways.

I've mentioned this in other threads (er, I guess, just one other thread at this point) but the massive-outfit-ship idea could DEFINITELY be implemented in space battles. I'll get off my soapbox on that for now, but just think of the possibilities that could bring -- it's not just people randomly grabbing reavers and mossies and flying against randomly spawned enemy empire ships; you could actually design and construct your OWN OUTFIT BATTLESHIP/CRUISER/FRIGATE/CARRIER/RAINBOW PONY1!!!!! Super excited </soapbox>